Experienced Salt Lake City Workers' Comp Attorneys
Securing Benefits For Your Occupational Injuries
In the American work culture, workers compensation is a vital component. Workers' compensation is a state-mandated insurance that compensates employees when job-related injuries or illnesses prevent them from working. It protects both employers and employees, and it is mandatory in hazardous professions. If you suffer from a work-related injury, you have the legal right to take full advantage of the benefits to which you are eligible. Our workers comp lawyers in Salt Lake City at Larsen, Larsen, Nash & Larsen can help you obtain the necessary coverage.
Workers' Compensation Laws
Workers' compensation laws serve many purposes, these include the following:
- Financially supports employees when job-related injuries or illnesses prevent them from working
- Minimize the need for, and amount of, personal injury litigation (filing a claim for workers' comp is not a formal charge)
- Provide for the heirs and dependents of individuals who die as a result of injuries or illnesses related to work
- Release coworkers from liability in most workplace accidents
What Workers' Compensation Benefits Are You Eligible For?
In the state of Utah, all employers are required to purchase workers' compensation insurance that covers their employees in the event of injury. An employee who is injured can qualify for a wide range of benefits, depending on the injury suffered.
These benefits include:
- Full medical benefits that cover the cost of the injury and any related procedures, equipment, medications or rehabilitative therapies and future projected medical costs, as determined by medical professionals
- Disability benefits, depending on severity of injury
- Rehabilitative therapies
- Vocational/occupational therapy or training for new work
- Death benefits for dependents, similar to those attainable in a wrongful death lawsuit
- Coverage of a percentage of the workers' comp attorney fees
Workers' compensation benefits do not provide for punitive damages or cover pain and suffering. If there is a chance your work-related injury was the result of gross negligence, intentional wrongdoing or reckless action at work, you may wish to consider a personal injury lawsuit. At Larsen, Larsen, Nash & Larsen our Salt Lake City worker's comp lawyers are prepared to help you make that decision.
A Trusted Representative Who Understands
At Larsen, Larsen, Nash & Larsen, our workers' comp attorneys in Salt Lake City are prepared to be an advocate for our clients. If you suffer from an occupational injury, we will help you receive the full benefits to which you are eligible. To learn more about our services or schedule your free consultation, call the firm today at 801-758-8728 or contact us online.
We are conveniently located in West Valley City, just west of I-215. Our firm currently represents clients throughout Salt Lake County and the surrounding areas of northern Utah. These areas include Summit County, Davis County, Wabash, and the cities of Provo, Ogden and Park City.